A journal written by orang kampung.. There is a place that you will never forget.... kampung


Monday, February 25, 2008

Polling... Whose site are you on?

8 March 2008, malaysian will get opportunity to cast their vote; either for BN (current ruling party) or the opposition lead by PKR, PAS, and DAP.

Yesterday was the nomination day. Where most of us spent their time with the family, others join together under very hot temperature plus unpleasant environment, to show their support without caring either the gain something or none at all (but with hope that their supports and appearance will be acknowledge by the selected person).

What I'm going to say here is not the event or the people or surrounding. It is about the YB. The selected representative. The candidate and will be people's representative.

Question to all... How many of us know our YB or our candidate? How many of us have chances (if we wish to see them) to meet them before the election and after election? How many of us see (if not able to talk) them frequently before and after election? How many of us really satisfied what have been done by the elected person (previously)? How many of you when throw a question or complain get their attention or at least get a reply saying it was read and action is taken?

I don't know about you guys... but for me... I know my YB because I see his picture in MPS website (for complaining). However, you can consider I don't know whom is my ADUN, whom my MP, and whom my YB are... WHY? They don't have any website or bloggers (like few of DAP personnel have). They have email but never response. They have phone number but never get through. They have house but never stay there. They have place to look but never come (only come on invitation). And they have place to took care but after more than two years staying there, I have not see any changes to overcome traffic jam and flood and other issues. I also have can't see any things although I heard that there is budget for each MP, ADUN, or YB to used. If they had, I don't see it presenting in paper or at least in their website (or at least in other website such as website of government of selangor).

For me, if I'm going to vote (and I will cast my vote as to exercise my right as malaysian people). The person that I will choose should:
1. Have proper planning (put into document and publish)
2. Show his sincerity
3. Have website, email, phone that is working
4. Come and visit the place once a while (without waiting for invitation), such as come to surau or mosque (for muslim, once a while goes to surau/mosque at other places in his constitution)
5. Come and visit the school, pasar, or 'lepak' at warung with normal people once a while
6. Should have own website were he could list down complaint around the area, action taken, his planning, his budget, etc...
7. Honest
8. Young and energetic (not that old la)

Well... I don't care he is BN, DAP, PKR, PAS, or BEBAS... For me, above requirement shall be met before I select them.

No comments: