A journal written by orang kampung.. There is a place that you will never forget.... kampung


Monday, March 10, 2008

There is no GHOST voters ..

Until now, people only claims that there is ghost voters... but till now, I have not seen any of those being arrested or shown in any news papers as prove. I have read all major newspaper and also go through all website (either by pro-BN or pro-xxx). None have ever shown prove of what the said. Well.. if got one shown and it is proven... than I agreed that there is ghost voters.

If they are malaysian then they are true voters. But if you are talking about some foreigner that went voting and you got proved (not just bumbling or saying...), then I'll take back my word.

As far as I know, currently, no ghost voters. WHY?
1. I born in Kedah (my birth certificate shows kedah). Grown big in Penang (my IC shown Penang address). But stays in Selangor. No one in that areas know me since I only went back there once a year (for raya or the most is once in 3 months). Only few know me... Even my relatives don't know me very well. If I register to vote at Kedah or Penang, don't you think I'm valid voters or I'm ghost voters. If refer to a few statements from XXX, I'm ghost voters as they will not recognize me and I don't stay there.
2. If I were to register and vote at Selangor, they will claim I'm ghost too as My IC don't show that I belongs to Selangor residents....

However, I agree if you say that there is few cases of mistaken identity. This is due to security weakness in MYKAD and the process of producing it. Beside that, with current structure of MYKAD number, there will always be possibility of 2 or more people have the same ID number.

No comments: