A journal written by orang kampung.. There is a place that you will never forget.... kampung


Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Bargain Tips - Against Malaysian Salesperson


Sad but true.. this is what actually happens in most of IT mall. Many will says that this is a lie or just to show bad but based on experience... When you buy computers during PC-Fairs or normal hours, the prices is more or less the same. The only differences that you get few extra free gives which you don't need at all.

I would like to share a story here too... Last few months, I was looking for a mobile phone and I went to a shopping complex at Sri Kembangan (famous due to its largest IT Mall at that area). I'm interested to buy Sony Xperia Active. There are few shops selling the same prices and claims theirs are original. At the last shop, the salesman even give me lower by RM200 plus additional things. He even show the original cert of it. I was almost get trap with the lies and almost buy. Just because he need to charge me 3% for using mastercard, I cancel the transaction and I'm lucky I did that. Few minutes after that, I found Sony Ericsson Shop-lot and when to ask the salesman on the price for the same model and I'm really surprise when he told me that the model has yet to arrive in Malaysia and what was shown to me before is without guarantee from Sony. WHAT!!!!...

Anyway... it is hard to differentiate between real branded with branded (but no guarantee) especially when a person is damn desperate looking for some gadgets, etc.

So, pakcik's advice - Think 100 times before decide to buy and do come before and after the sales to see the differences. Don't be afraid to loose and be patient. :)

No comments: